Bachelor of library and Information Sciences:
B.L.I.Sc stands for Bachelor of library and Information Sciences. It is also abbreviated as B.Lib, B.LIS. It is an indisciplinary field which deals with the study of principles and practices of librarian administration along with the current technologies and information applied to these processes. The duration of this course is 3 years. The purpose of this course is to instill techniques and skills of librarianship and make them able to run and manage a well stocked library. Due to this course, the demand of experts in the field of books and journals procurement, library management and administration is growing. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science course covers the study of database management, Library administration wit present technology, collection management, research methods, statistics and information architecture. This degree is a foundation for advanced study in Library science.
Key Skills required for this course:
They should have skills of handling the documents and books, library procedure, information handling skills and they should have knowledge of computers.
Graduates from any disciplines are eligible for this course Candidates must passed graduation from any disciplines with 40-50% in aggregate from any recognized university.
B.Lib Course Outcome:
- Develops highly skilled library and information managers who can manage information organizations in any environment efficiently and effectively.
- Makes the students able to understand Library and Librarianship and make them familiar with the skills required in librarianship.
- Equips the student with specialized skills and knowledge in the field of quality library and information services.
Career Opportunities for B.Lib course:
There are a number of job opportunities in Library and Information Science:
- Candidates can apply in NGOs, Schools, colleges, Private and Government libraries, News channels, Newspaper Library, in the publishing companies for preparing abstracts, Index and bibliographies etc, in the library of radio stations, etc.
- They can be Assistant Librarian, Library and Information Officer, Information Executive, Deputy Librarian, Information Analyst, Documentation Officer