Best PhD Course in Economics:
The Ph.D programme is a research oriented degree program leading to doctoral degree in economics. This course comes with many specializations like macroeconomics, microeconomics and econometrics. This course is for those students who are interested in advanced study and conducting advanced research in economics. This course prepares students to do research in those specializations. The duration of this course varies from university to university. It may be of minimum 3 years and maximum 5 years. First two years focus on advanced study of economics like economics method, fundamental of macroeconomics and microeconomics theory, and method of economic history. Students typically focus on research in the beginning of third year. After completing 3 years students carries out research and defend their research. All PhD students must have to complete a doctoral thesis. The purpose of this course is to train the student so that they can produce rigorous and innovative research and to help the student to become exemplary teachers in any leading higher education university, research institutions and business.
Some of the universities offering best PhD course in economics are listed below:
- SRM University
- Allahabad University
- Lovely Professional University
- Delhi School of Economics
- IBS Hyderabad
- BITS Pilani
- Madras School of Economics
- Dibrugarh University
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Indore
- Kurukshetra University
- For getting admission in PhD economics, students must be master graduation qualified. He / she must pass M.Phil programme with 50% marks from any recognized university.
- Some university prefers to qualify “National Eligibility Test” to get admission in Ph.D economics.
Job Opportunities for PhD Economics:
- Students after completing this course can apply for various economics and banking jobs.
- They can apply in various employment areas like Insurance companies, Financing companies, Educational institutes, and Stock exchange industry, etc.
- They can be Online Economics Instructor, Health Economics Manager, Medical Economics Manager, Business Analyst, Health Economics and reimbursement Manager, etc.