Undergraduate Course in Library & Information Sciences:
In India, Library & Information Sciences is a high demanded course. This Course is to meet the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of Library Management and Administration, Book and Journal Procurement etc. According to the job opportunities , this course is a good choice for make career because after complete this course students can apply any where in india such as Schools, colleges, universities etc areas and can get good salary.
Key Skills required for this course:
They should have skills of handling the documents and books, library procedure, information handling skills and they should have knowledge of computers.
Graduates from any disciplines are eligible for this course Candidates must passed graduation from any disciplines with 50% in aggregate from any recognized university.
Undergraduate Course in Library & Information Sciences Outlooks:
- Develops highly skilled library and information managers who can manage information organizations in any environment efficiently and effectively.
- Makes the students able to understand Library and Librarianship and make them familiar with the skills required in librarianship.
- Equips the student with specialized skills and knowledge in the field of quality library and information services.
Career Opportunities for B.Lib course:
There are a number of job opportunities in Library and Information Science:
- Candidates can apply in NGOs, Schools, colleges, Private and Government libraries, News channels, Newspaper Library, in the publishing companies for preparing abstracts, Index and bibliographies etc, in the library of radio stations, etc.
- They can be Assistant Librarian, Library and Information Officer, Information Executive, Deputy Librarian, Information Analyst, Documentation Officer