Department of Computer Science & Engineering organized Institute Level Workshop on Network Simulator - 2
Sep 25, 2015
Department of Computer Science & Engineering organized a workshop on Network Simulator-2 for the benefit of the students as a part of carrier development on September 21-23, 2015 at the SRM University Sonepat, Haryana. The training workshop took place on September 21-23, 2015 especially for B.Tech [CSE-V Semester] and M.Tech [CSE-III Semester] students. The members of the training team were Mr. Amit Kumar Sinha, Innovation Manager and Mr. Adarsh Kumar Singh, Project Manager of Web Tek Pvt. Ltd. Delhi. The coordinator of this workshop was Dr. Arvind Kumar. The training workshop was attended by thirty three students and five faculties.
This workshop has provided substantial support for simulation of TCP, routing, and multicast protocols over wired and wireless (local and satellite) networks. The main purpose of this workshop was to create awareness and enrich knowledge for research scholars, faculty and students in the area of Network simulation using NS2.
NS-2 is a discrete event simulator targeted at network research. Most researchers use NS2 to develop new protocols and evaluate their performance. NS2 can be used to simulate the real environment and analysis and this training will be more useful for the people who are interested in the field of networks, especially wireless ad hoc networks. This technically excellent program bridges the gap between college curriculum and Industry demand.
During workshop on NS-2, the students apprised themselves with regard to the different technology executed by Mr. Amit Kumar. Students also appraised themselves with regard to various protocol simulation performed in a workshop. At the conclusion of the Workshop participants who met the learning outcomes received a participation certificate.
Experience from the workshop
- Exposure to advanced language [ TCL, OTCL, Make file, C++]
- After completing the workshop, we have upgraded our knowledge at a very great level.
- It was a good learning experience. In each & every department, we got new ideas and new thinking which was very necessary for our Personal development.
- We have learned the entire simulation process. They are using new technologies that help us to understand about the role of advanced technology in computer network.
- During workshop, we feel very much satisfied by acquiring information of various departments & knowing many new things.
- We conclude that while going through the entire workshop, the cooperation is found to be very well organized developed & most ideal industry in every walk of its production, administration & management aspects.
- We want to thank to Mr. Amit Kumar Sinha, Innovation Manager and Mr. Adarsh Kumar Singh, Project Manager of Web Tek Pvt. Ltd. Delhi Sir for guiding and sharing information about technologies and protocol design.
- We also want to thank Prof. Dr. S. Rajarajan (Hon’ble Vice Chancellor), Dr. G.J. Samathanam (Director Research), Dr. Manish Bhalla (Registrar), Prof. C Natrajan (Sr. Deputy Registrar), Dr. Samuel Raj (Director CD4), Dr. I. K. Sharma (Dean of Engineering) and Dr. Ajay Sharma (Head of Department) for coordinating this workshop.
- The workshop was very educative to students. The department has planned much more such workshop for students in near future.