SRM Group of Educational Campuses
Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai
The main campus at Kattankulathur consists of three colleges.
- College of Engineering and Technology
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- College of Science and Humanities
Kattankulathur Campus also houses the SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center and SRM Hostel. The SRM hospital could accommodate 1200 in-patients with 25 specializations in PG education in medical science. Round the clock security, ATM, Post Office, departmental stores, restaurants and numerous canteens are some of the facilities available in the campus.
The highlights of Kattankulathur Campus are as follows:
- 42 blocks, spread over 250 acres
- The 3-star SRM hotel with swimming pool, banquet halls
- A central library with vast resources
- Air-conditioned auditorium that can accommodate over 4,000 people
- Information Technology and Knowledge Management supporting over 5,000 computer systems and IT applications of the University
- Internet Connection – a dedicated leased line that keeps information flowing rapidly at 32 megabytes per second
- Modern lecture halls & "Smart Classrooms"
- Wireless-enabled lab and campus
- Language Lab- Specializing in English, German, Japanese, French & Chinese
- Around 40 Buses (AC & Non-AC) that ply regularly between the college and the city
- 15 Canteens – from fast-food to full-fledged cafeterias, spread throughout the campus
- Retail Outlets – Higginbothams book store, Airtel phone booths, Reynolds teller machines, Super Markets, Reliance Webworld with Java Cafe – all within the campus
- Prayer halls for all major religions
- Our campus students had been to M.I.T (USA) and other foreign university under semester abroad program (SAP).
- Eight players from this campus have represented India in the 23rd Royal Bangkok Sports Club (RBSC) international cricket 6’s 2007 held in Bangkok.
- Our campus cricket players represented the U.P. team in the senior National indoor cricket tournament held in Nasik and secured 2nd place. Players from the team also won awards including the best player, best bowler and best batsman.
- Our campus “Lan” gaming team, famously known as “THE D2″ has won many medals and awards and they are the 2nd best team in the NCR region.
- College table tennis, football & chess team has won various national tournaments in which they participated which include SRMS Bareilly, BIT Meerut etc.
- The campus conducted various National Level Technical and Management cultural fest where more than 2000 students from different intuitions from all over India has participated and won many awards and recognitions.
- 2006 – The deemed university then attained the status of a full-fledged university, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. An upgraded syllabus and international teaching methods, designed by SRM’s International Advisory Board (IAB), launched SRM University way ahead of the rest.
The University is approved by the University grants commission and is also accredited by the NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation) Council.
- Placed 4th for the design of “One Inch Cubed Micro Robot Poochi”, at Nagoya Science Museum, Japan
- Represented India at the First World Cyber Games in Seoul
- Received the prestigious Junior Scientist Award from President of India
- Won the 1st Prize in an All India Design Contest, for the design of a Shopping Arcade
- Created a record by covering the distance between the East Coast and the West in 9 hours and 9 minutes, to welcome “Independence Day Sun” – for Cancer awareness
- Won the 3rd Prize in the National Level Student Competition conducted by INSDAG
- A student of Architecture’s Project was selected as one of the Top Ten Project Thesis in India
- European Management & Technology Conference, Rome, Italy
- IEEE Conference at KAIST, Korea
- International Conference in Beijing, China & Hong Kong
- Awarded the Best ISTE Chapter Award in the Tamil Nadu-Pondicherry section
- SRM is awarded with the prestigious MMA Award for Managerial Excellence 2009 in the Educational Institution Category
This Institution is known for providing quality education in Science & Technology and for research in frontier areas. The environment at this institute is highly conducive for building a solid foundation of knowledge, development of personality, confidence building, self-discipline and enhancement of creativity, motivation and drive.
SRM has set academic standards and excelled in thoughts leadership by providing a pool of creative genius and technically competent professionals. The Institute provides a common platform for knowledge, learning and research.
Accredited by NAAC with a score equivalent to 5-star rating.
Education Times (The Times of India) – GFK Mode Survey 2009 ranked.
- SRM Engineering is ranked India’s No.1 in Private Engineering Colleges
- SRM Engineering joins the league of IITs and NITs with ranking in India’s top 10 in Private & Government Colleges
- SRM Medical is ranked India’s No.3 in Private Colleges
- SRM Medical is ranked India’s Top 10 in Private & Government Colleges
- SRM University is ranked India No. 1 Multiple Streams University (Engineering and Medical Financial Express Survey 2009 Ranking)
- SRM University is ranked India's No. 1 AC Neilson Impact Study
- The Computer Science Engineering Department was rated No. 1 for excellence, while five other departments were graded within the top 5 in Tamil Nadu.
Ramapuram Campus, Chennai
A serene and charming enclave consists of 5 academic blocks spread over 27 acres, with all the necessary facilities and infrastructure for medical and health science students. Ramapuram Campus also houses the College of Engineering and Technology, Dental College, School of Management and College of Science and Humanities.
The facilities here include
- Air conditioned Auditorium
- 8 Mbps internet leased line
- A General Hospital with 150 beds
- Separate hostels for men and women
- 25 buses
- Banking and DTP facilities
Ramapuram Part - II Vadapalani Campus, Chennai
Spread across six acres in the heart of the city, Vadapalani Campus consists of the following:
- 12 Mbps internet connectivity
- Smart Classrooms
- Lecture Halls
- Conference Halls
NCR Campus, Delhi
Spread across 25 acres of land, this campus houses the faculties of Engineering & Technology, Management and Teacher Education. The facilities here include:
- Air conditioned classrooms
- Academic block with plinth area of 5 lakh sq. ft.
- Auditorium and conference halls
- Separate hostels for men and women
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities