Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Physics is a post graduate course in physics. Which deals with the study of the universe and physical matter and the processes operating within it. It is a two years degree programme meant for able students who wants to deepens their knowledge of physics and pursue a research career within university and national or industrial research laboratory. This course is open to both the physicists and students from engineering , mathematics or chemistry disciplines. During M.Sc. Physics course , students are well trained by research programs to mould them as global leader in Science and Technology to engage and communicate with society.
Physics Lab with attached dark room has been provided with most modern equipments needed for not only conducting practical but also helpful for research and development work. The faculty of physics is always devoted for further advancement and continuous improvement of the lab not only for meeting the university requirement but also for undertaking advanced research study . The Department is conducting research in the front-line areas of Applied Physics including Nano-photonics , surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) and Raman spectroscopy, microfluidics, biosensors etc.
Eligibility for M.Sc. Physics:
- Candidate must have secured 50% marks in aggregate in Bachelor Degree in any discipline (with Physics and Mathematics) or equivalent.
- He should have passed entrance test conducted by the university.
- Should be proficient in English communication.
- Candidate should have excellent numeracy skills and problem solving skills.
M.Sc. Physics Career Opportunity:
- Online Tutor
- Assistant Professor
- Content Writer
- Subject Matter Expert
- Chemistry / Physics Lab Assistant
- Physics Training Manager
- Physics Mentor
Employment Areas for M.Sc. Physics:
- Telecommunication Companies
- Manufacturing Companies
- Aerospace Defence Sector
- Oil and Gas Sector
- Medical Content Writing
- Colleges and Universities
How to apply?
Candidate can apply for M.Sc. Physics programme by giving entrance test conducted by SRM University. For more information, you can visit http://www.srmuniversity.ac.in/.
Best Undergraduate Courses in Mathematics:
Mathematics is very important part of technical education, It helps us to solve typical problems easy with help of some derivative formulas. In General life mathematics are used in every concepts like when you go for shopping you can calculate about, when go for drive you can purchase petrol as per distance you have to travel … everywhere we used maths in our life.
This is general mathematics we used but some of calculation are very tough like if we construct a dam they how we can analysis what the width of walls? how much water they store ? how much electricity produce etc . when we talk about complex issue we required a mathematician who know maths properly. In India there is some graduate courses related to mathematics are BA(Maths), B.Sc.(Maths) etc.
If you focused only mathematics so BA(maths) is Best Undergraduate Courses in Mathematics in India. After this you can do MA(Maths) or M.sc(maths) and then do PHD for complete study about mathematics.
In Some Country like Canada Russia and USA are also Provide a degree call B.maths for mathematics under graduation program. Normally All the Technical education like Engineering, Commerce and management have some part of mathematics in syllabus. In Engineering first and second year some maths part are in syllabus, same type some parts are include in commerce and management.
Maths is very important part for calculation and analysis of any practical , machine. Only Medical Field are the one field where maths are not used but when we innovate automatic medical equipment we used mathematics calculation and formulas.
Art and cultural are not used nay maths but this is a art and art are not a science, it is god gifted. In generally nothing is this universe where maths are not used and no one people in universe who did not know maths.
I think maths have very important and useful technique and world have always requirement of good mathematician. They can make our life easy.
Best undergraduate Courses in Maths are B.Sc. and B.A. in India It is base education of a mathematician.
Post Graduate Courses in Mathematics:
Mathematics has always been the most popular subject among students as it prepares them for careers as computer programming, mathematicians, mathematics professors, business analysts etc. It has a great importance in the industrial as well as economic development of a country. M.Sc in Mathematics is the postgraduate course which enables the candidates to use their mathematical knowledge in various areas. After completion of M.Sc. in Mathematics, several doctoral courses available in various areas of mathematics are given below:
- Master of Philosophy in Mathematics
- Master of Philosophy in Mathematics
- Master of Philosophy in Mathematical Science
- Master of Philosophy in Maths and Statistics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Maths and Statistics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics
There are many institutes/Colleges offering the post graduate courses in Mathematics. Some of them are given below:
- SRM University Haryana
- Amity University, Noida
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jharkhand
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
- Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Thapar University, Patiala
- SRM University, Tamilnadu
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Scope of Career in Mathematics:
- There is a huge scope of mathematics graduates in engineering, physics, Economics, Insurance, Accountancy, and Statistics.
- Mathematics postgraduates can see their future in research firms like aeronautical research, defence research, space research.
- Mathematicians can engages themselves with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), National Aeronautical Limited (NAL).
- They can be Mathematician, Software Engineer, Computer System Analyst, Chartered Accountant, and Treasury Management Specialist.
- They can work in various government colleges after qualifying NET or SET exams.
Students passed B.Sc. with 50% marks from any recognized university can pursue this course.
Best Undergraduate Course in Mathematics:
Mathematics is the most basic science. The demand of Mathematics is spreading everywhere from engineers, economists to statisticians and scientists. It is rapidly become the most important for all the sciences whether it is social or biological and physical. It is the study of measurement and relationship of quantity using numbers and symbols.
There is no such area where measurements are not done. Thus mathematics is necessary in every field such as finance, engineering, healthcare and management. This makes math one of the most powerful fields. Those students who want to continue their research in any field must have mathematical knowledge and must be from mathematical background. In order to be successful mathematician, one must have to do its further study. Various best undergraduate course in mathematics offered by Colleges/Universities are:
B.Sc. Mathematics is a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics which is an undergraduate degree which focuses on the study of structure, quantity and space. The duration of this course is 3 years.
A Bachelor of Mathematics or B.Math is a 3 year undergraduate academic degree completing a program of study in mathematics or statistics. It is abbreviated as BMath also. It is often the preferred choice for students who want to focus on number theory rather than applied mathematics. B.Math Graduates can pursue either research or teaching positions. Researchers can work in government or private labs, while teachers who do not continue postgraduate studies can work at the both primary or secondary education level depending upon their skills.
The cost of undergraduate course in Mathematics varies from college to college. Many institutions/universities offer online degree course to the students for pursuing Bachelor in Mathematics
The candidate must complete 10+2 with 60% marks in aggregate with PCM or science stream with Maths as one of the subject.
Mathematics Undergraduate course’s suitability:
Candidate must have skills of presenting mathematical arguments and conclusions with accuracy.
Career Opportunities for Mathematics undergraduates:
- Students can become teacher in private schools and academy
- They can apply for banking services both in government and private sector
- They can be IAS, IPS Officer, Researcher and Accountants, Computer programmer