VisionThe Department of Environmental Science committed to develop as a cutting-edge advanced center for interdisciplinary education and research. The department program will provide transformative and novel research on challenging environmental issues through education, collaboration and engagement.
- Disseminate quality teaching and knowledge on current environmental issues.
- Human resource development to tackle environmental challenges and to achieve sustainability.
- Promote cost effective technologies for agriculture and industries for nation building.
- Impart environmental awareness and education for healthy, pollution free and habitable environment.
Environmental Science has developed as the interdisciplinary subject to understand the physical chemical and biological processes of natural system. The Environmental science program provides a understanding and skill to address the environmental issues in scientific manner. Department of Environmental Sciences at SRM University, Haryana (SRMUH) was established with the clear objective of furthering cutting edge interdisciplinary research in specific fields. Research on Environmental Impact Studies, Environmental Health, Climate Change and Waste management is in progress. The Department has been actively identifying and introducing various courses linking environmental issues and sustainable development with technology and business. These introductory courses are being taught to the students of technology and management at SRMUH since the past academic years and we are keen to introduce post graduate courses on environmental sciences. After attending these courses through lectures, case studies and projects, students will be able to integrate environmental dimensions into business management. This integration will enable them to adopt a practical outlook to take holistic decisions for managing their business sustainably. As the environmental problems clash with the technology and development, most of the MNCs prefer recruiting people who are environmentally educated. We hope to set the stage for inculcating environmentally conscious professionalism into technologists, managers and entrepreneurs of India.
Message from HOD:It gives me pride and pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Environmental Science at SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat (Haryana), India. We are starting the M.Sc. in Environmental Science program from the academic session 2021-22. At the doctorate level, we offer Ph.D. degrees in the different fields of Environmental Science. The prime focus of the Environmental Science Department is to provide high-quality education and research. The department has nationally and internationally experienced and trained faculty to impart knowledge in the various specialized fields of Environmental Science. The department program committed to providing novel research on contemporary Environmental challenges. The Department faculties have research expertise in various fields of Environmental science such as climate change, Water Resources, Remote Sensing and GIS, and Waste management.
M.Sc. - Environmental Science
Duration: 2 years
- The candidate must hold a B.Sc or B.Sc Honors degree in Natural Science/Applied science/Agriculture/Bachelor in Medicine/B.Tech/BE or relevant discipline.
- Minimum percentage required admission is 50% or equivalent GPA in graduation.
Fee : 52,500/-
Ph.D. - Environmental Science
Duration: Minimum duration for Ph.D. is 3 years including course work.
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed Master's and Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline from a UGC recognized University with 55% marks or Equivalent CGPA in aggregate. However an applicant with M.Phil( Relevant Domain)CSIR-UGC/JRF/NET/SLET cleared in the relevant subject is exempted from Entrance test.
Fee : 1,31,250/-
- The Department of Environmental Science facilitates the contemporary research on different issues of environment. The hands on experimentations are available on physico-chemical analyses of soil, water samples, analysis of satellite data.
- Chander Singh, Aanand Kumar, S.Sastri,Alok Kumar, Amit Singh, Ravi Prakash Singh, Shyam Ranjan, Geochemical modeling to infer genetic origin of groundwater and associated health risks in desertic aquifers, Groundwater for Sustainable Development 2021 ,(Accepted)
- Singha Roy, Koushik, Naik Kantilal, Alkesha (2021). Recent Development of Novel Composite Materials for Carbon Capture: A Green Technology. (In Edited Book entitled: “Green Innovation, Sustainable Development, and Circular Economy” (First Edition) by Singh, Nitin Kumar, Pandey, Siddhartha, Sharma, Himanshu, Goel, Sunkulp. Published byCRC Press, pp.03-16. ISBN 9780367441746.)
- Singha Roy, Koushik, Desai, Soham (2021). Elucidation of microbial exopolysaccharide for managing environmental contaminants: A sustainable approach. (In Edited Book entitled: “Green Innovation, Sustainable Development, and Circular Economy” (First Edition) by Singh, Nitin Kumar, Pandey, Siddhartha, Sharma, Himanshu, Goel, Sunkulp. Published by CRC Press, pp.47-59. ISBN 9780367441746.)
- Padhy, S. R., Bhattacharyya, P., Dash, P. K., Roy, K. S., Neogi, S., Baig, M. J. & Mohapatra, T. (2020). Enhanced labile carbon flow in soil-microbes-plant-atmospheric continuum in rice under elevated CO2 and temperature leads to positive climate change feed-back. Applied Soil Ecology, 155, 103657.