IntroductionDepartment of Food Technology is introduced the current Academic Year 2021-22 under Faculty of Science & Humanities, which is established since the inception of the SRM University, Haryana. The Indian food industry is poised for huge growth increasing its contribution to world food trade every year. It has emerged as the highest growth and profit section due to its immense potential in food processing industry. Global giants are investing billions of dollars in India in this sector. Indian government also aims to set up new processing units, with a strong focus on supply chain infrastructure. Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food. Related fields include analytical chemistry, biotechnology, engineering, nutrition, quality control, and food safety management. A team of dedicated, well qualified and experienced teachers teach, guide and motivate the students to excel and come out with flying colors. A student graduating after completion of this course has opportunities in industries, Multinational companies, Hospitality outlets and also as entrepreneurs. They also have the privilege to go abroad for higher studies, management and research.
B.Sc. (H) Food Technology Course Suitability
- Candidates who have good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to interpret data critically, are the most suitable one for it.
- They should have good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Those have the habit of practical work which helps your communication and team-working skills, sharpening your attention to detail and ability to accurately record results also are a good match for the course.
How is B.Sc. (H) Food Technology Course Beneficial?
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as Masters and PhD
- It provides depth knowledge and practical skills to students regarding food preparation, entrepreneurship and food manufacturing and baking industries.
- It is beneficial to provide professionals with knowledge of the development, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and usage of safe, nutritive and healthy foods.
- Self-employment opportunities also exist in the form of dynamic delivery networks for those who want to work on their own.
B.Sc. - Food Technology (Hons.)
Duration: 3 years
- An aggregate of 55% or more in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Mathematics.
- An advantage of 3% in aggregate for applicants passing with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology /Biochemistry/ Biotechnology.
- 50% or more marks in English
Fee : 52,500/-