VisionThe broad vision of the Department is to carry out high quality research in the different areas of Mathematics, Statistics and Computing so that we can produce proficient graduates, engineers and scientists to contribute significantly in the development of the society. Excellence, integrity, innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership are priorities of the Department. The vision is to become a leading department of global excellence in research and education in all discipline of Mathematics.
MissionThe Department supports the University's mission by empowering students to:
- Provide excellent knowledge of Mathematical Sciences as well as Statistics for suitable career and groom them for institutional, state, national and international recognition.
- Discover, mentor, and nurture mathematically inclined students, and provide them a supportive environment that fosters intellectual growth.
- Train the students for interdisciplinary applications and research.
- Train the students with Mathematical and Statistical tools for industries as well as research organizations
- Provide professional services based on our diverse mathematical and statistical expertise
- The scientific, technical, and educational community.
- Achieve excellence in the subject as well as overall development of the student to strive in a competitive society.
Mathematics is a language of science and technology. It plays a major role in shaping today's world. From data scientists to engineers and economists to statisticians, a solid background in mathematics is absolutely needed. A degree in Mathematics trains the student to apply, evaluate and adapt existing problem-solving techniques. Also, to develop new mathematical models to solve problems stemming from natural, technological and financial phenomena.
The Department of Mathematics was established in the academic year 2013. At present, Department is offering B.Sc. (H), M.Sc. and Ph.D. program. Department has 11 teaching faculties having expertise in pure mathematics, applied mathematics statistics and computing. Young and dynamic faculty members are well familiar with mathematical and statistical software like Mathematica, Minitab, SPSS and R etc. We are one of the organs to all other neighbouring faculties as engineering, Science and humanities, management and commerce. The Department of Mathematics is one of the important departments of our university. It is a fully equipped Department with a separate MATLAB laboratory. The curriculum of both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses are designed to equip students to qualify competitive exams such as GATE, NET etc.
Message from HOD:
It's my pleasure to welcome in department of mathematics. Mathematics & Statistics form the backbone for knowledge development for scientists and engineers. The department has a team of highly motivated faculty members. We all are determined to produce the top-quality education and to conduct leading-edge programs. We strive for excellence in teaching, training and career building. Our goal is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to serve a variety of societal needs.
I am confident that the students of the department would justify the credibility of the department by showing a high level of professional competence in their respective field.
I wish Best of Luck to all of them.... !!!
B.Sc. - Mathematics (Hons.)
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination Science with Mathematics. Obtained at least 50% at the qualifying examination.
Fee : 52,500/-
B.Sc. - Statistics (Hons.)
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination Science with Mathematics. Obtained at least 50% at the qualifying examination.
Fee : 52,500/-
M.Sc. - Mathematics
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed graduation (BSc-Mathematics) or an equivalent examination in Mathematics from UGC recognized University with 50% marks in aggregate.
Fee : 52,500/-
Ph.D. - Mathematics
Duration: Minimum duration for Ph.D. is 3 years including course work.
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed Master's and Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline from a UGC recognized University with 55% marks or Equivalent CGPA in aggregate. However an applicant with M.Phil( Relevant Domain)/CSIR-UGC/JRF/NET/SLET cleared in the relevant subject is exempted from Entrance test.
Fee : 1,31,250/-
Value Added Courses
- Personality Development
- Value Education
|Dr. Rakesh Dube||Professor & Dean - Basic Science & Humanities|
|Dr. Neeraj Kumar||Assistant Professor & Head|
|Dr. Asha Rani||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sachin Malik||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Preeti Tyagi||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sanjey Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Arun Choudhary||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Ram Prasad Yadav||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Neelu Chaudhary||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Deepak Grover||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Neelam Gupta||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. G. ManoRanjitham||Teaching Associate|
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Statistics And Machine Learning Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Global Optimization Toolbox
- Neural Network Toolbox
- Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Wavelet Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Communication System Toolbox
- LTE System Toolbox
- Phased Array Toolbox
- RF Toolbox
- Antenna Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- System Identification Toolbox
- Robust Control Toolbox
- SimPower Systems
- Simulink Control Design
- Computer Vision System Toolbox
- Database Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- R.P Yadav, R. Verma, A numerical simulation of Fractional order mathematical modelling of COVID-19 disease in case of Wuhan China, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals (Elsevier), 140,110124, 2020, (Impact factor 3.764) (ISSN:0960-0779) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1)
- K Singh, A K Singh, R.P Yadav, Stress intensity factor of dynamic crack in double layered dry sandy elastic medium due to shear wave under different loading conditions, International Journal of Geomechanics (ASCE), 20(11), 04020215, 2020, (Impact factor 2.780) (ISSN: 1532-3641) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1)
- Singh, A. Negi, R. P. Yadav, Analysis on dynamic interfacial crack impacted by SH-wave in bi-material poroelastic strip, Composite Structure (Elsevier), 233, 111639., 2020 (Impact factor 4.829) (ISSN: 0263-8223) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1)
- A. Choudhary, S. Koley and S. C. Martha (2020), Coupled eigenfunction expansion-boundary element method for wave scattering by thick vertical barrier over an arbitrary seabed, Geophysical & Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics (GAFD)-Taylor & Francis, (in press)
- A. Choudhary, S. C. Martha and A Chakrabarti (2020), Modified method for the solution of dual trigonometric series relations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences - Springer. 90,437 - 445
- Asha Rani, Arti, "A New Iteration Process for Approximation of Fixed Points for Suzuki's Generalized Non-Expansive Mappings In Uniformly Convex Banach Spaces" J. Math. Comput. Sci., 10 , No. 5, 2110-2125, 2020.
- Malik S. (2020): An Exponential Estimator over Regression Estimator Using Two Auxiliary, Journal of statistical applications and probability. (SCOPUS Indexed, UGC Care List)
- D. Grover (2019) "Clamped-free micro-scale transversely isotropic thermoelastic beam resonators" Microsystem Technologies 25(11) 4269-4276. (IF:1.513; SJR:0.32; H-index: 57)
- D. Grover and R. K. Seth (2019) "Generalized Viscothermoelasticity Theory of Dual-Phase-Lagging Model For Damping Analysis In Circular Micro-Plate Resonators" Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials 23(1) 119-132. (IF:1.831; SJR:0.49; H-index: 40)
- Rakesh Dube: Heat transfer in three-dimensional flow along a porous plate, International Journal of Mathematical Modelling & Computations (IJM2C), Iran. Vol. 09, No. 01, winter 2019, 61-69.
- R.P. Yadav, A.K. Singh, A. Chattopadhyay, Analytical study on the propagation of rectilinear semi-infinite crack due to Love type wave propagation in a structure with two dissimilar transversely isotropic layers, Engineering Fracture Mechanics (Elsevier), 199, 201-219, 2018. (Impact factor 2.980) (ISSN: 0013-7944) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1)
- A.K. Singh, A. Negi, R.P. Yadav, A. Verma, Dynamic stress concentration in pre-stressed poroelastic media due to moving punch influenced by shear wave, Journal of Seismology(Springer), 22(5) 1263-1274,2018, (Impact factor 1.494) (ISSN: 1383-4649) SCI (Q2)
- N. Mishra, A. Rani, M. Kumar, A. Rani, K.Jyoti, "Some common fixed point theorems in JS-metric spaces", Nonlinear Sci. Lett. A, Vol.9, No.1, pp.73-85, Jan 2018.
- Grover and R. K. Seth (2018) "Viscothermoelastic Micro-Scale Beam Resonators Based On Dual-Phase Lagging Model" Microsystem Technologies 24 1667-1672. (IF:1.513; SJR:0.32; H-index: 57)
- Sanjeykumar, Neeraj kumar Pallavi Agarwal and Ajay Sharma (2018): An inventory model for deteriorating items with stock-dependent demand rate and partial backlogging under permissible delay in payments. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 118(22): 1339-1352. (Indexing-Scopus)
- Pallavi Agarwal, Neeraj Kumar, Ajay Sharma (2018), "Fuzzy Production Inventory Model with Stock Dependent Demand Using Genetic Algorithm (GA) Under Inflationary Environment," Pertanika Journal Science & Technology, Vol. 26 (4), 1637 - 1658. (Indexing-Scopus)
- Agarwal, P., Sharma, A. and Kumar, N. (2017), "Inventory Control in Ice and Cold Storage Management using GA", International Journal of Computer & Mathematical Sciences", Vol. 6(6), 37-41.
- Neeraj Kumar, Sanjey Kumar (2017), "An inventory model for deteriorating items with partial backlogging using linear demand in fuzzy environment", Cogent Business & Management - Taylor & Francis, Vol. 4(1): 1307687. (Indexing-Scopus)
- A.K. Singh, R.P. Yadav, S. Kumar, A. Chattopadhyay, Shear wave in a pre-stressed poroelastic medium diffracted by a rigid strip, Journal of Sound and Vibration (Elsevier), 407, 16-31, 2017. (Impact factor 3.123) (ISSN: 0022- 460X)SCI, Best Quartile (Q1).
- K. C. Mistri A. K Singh, R. P. Yadav & A. Chattopadhyay, Stresses due to moving load on the surface of an irregular magneto-elastic monoclinic half-space under hydrostatic initial stress, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures (Taylor & Francis), 24(13), 1-17, 2017. (Impact factor 2.645) (ISSN: 1537-6494) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1
- A. Choudhary and S. C. Martha (2017), Approximate solutions of some problems of scattering of surface water waves by vertical barriers, Sadhana: Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences- Springer, 42(5), 759-768
- A. Choudhary and S. C. Martha (2017), Scattering of oblique water waves by thin vertical barrier over undulating bed topography, Journal of Marine Science and Application- Springer, 16, 190-198
- Kumari Jyoti, Asha Rani, Asha Rani, "Common fixed point theorems for compatible and weakly compatible maps satisfying E.A. and CLRT property in digital metric space", International Journal of Applied Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 13(1), pp. 117-128, 2017.
- Asha Rani, Asha Rani, Kumari Jyoti, "Common Fixed Point Theorems for Weakly Commutative Maps in Dislocated Metric Spaces", International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 13(1), pp. 37-50, 2017.
- Asha Rani, Asha Rani, Kumari Jyoti "Expansive Mappings in Dislocated Metric Spaces", Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research 15(2): 103-112, 2017.
- Asha Rani , Kumari Jyoti, "ψ−α− β- Expansive Mappings In Non-Newtonian Metric Space" Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research 15(2): 81-93, 2017.
- Asha Rani, Asha Rani, Kumari Jyoti, "Some fixed point theorems in JS-metric spaces", International Journal of Applied Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 13(1), pp. 17-28, 2017.
- Manoj Kumar, Vishnu Narayan Mishra, Asha Rani, Asha Rani, Kumari Jyoti, "Fixed Point Theorems for Expansive Mappings in JS-metric Space", Advances in Dynamical Systems and Applications, Vol. 12(1), pp. 49-63, 2017.
- Kumari Jyoti, Asha Rani, Asha Rani, "Some non Newtonian Contractions and Fixed Point Results", Indian Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol 13(1), pp. 1-10, 2017.
- Anita Dahiya, Asha Rani, Asha Rani and Kumari Jyoti, "Common Fixed Point for Generalized - (ψ, α, β)-Weakly Contractive Mappings in Dislocated Metric Spaces" Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 13, (7), pp. 3067-3081, 2017.
- Manoj Kumar, Anita Dahiya, Asha Rani "Common Fixed Point Theorems of Integral Type Contraction on Metric Spaces" Advances in Fixed Point Theory, 7, No. 2, 304-314, 2017.
- Asha Rani, Asha Rani, "Fixed Point Results for Contractive type Mappings in Dislocated Metric Spaces", International Journal of Computer Applications, 159(2), pp. 19-22, 2017.
- Anita Dahiya, Asha Rani "Some Results of Fixed Point Theorem in Non-Newtonian Metric Spaces" International
- Gupta, N., Sharma, V. D. "Dissipative waves in real gases", International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Volume 95, pages 242-247, 2017.
- Malik S., Singh R. (2017): A new estimator for population mean using two auxiliary variables in stratified random sampling, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences (Taylor & Francis), 38:8, 1243-1252, DOI: 10.1080/02522667.2017.1383702. (In ABDC Journal list, Rating C)
- Sanjeykumar, and Neeraj kumar (2017): An Inventory Model for Deteriorating Items with Partial Backlogging Using Linear Demand in Fuzzy Environment. Cogent Business and Management, 4(1). Taylor and Francis group. (Indexing-Scopus)
- A.K. Singh, R.P. Yadav, S. Kumar, A. Chattopadhyay, Propagation of crack in a pre-stressed inhomogeneous poroelastic medium influenced by shear wave,Engineering Fracture Mechanics (Elsevier), 154, 191-206, 2016. (Impact factor 2.980) (ISSN: 0013-7944) SCI, Best Quartile (Q1)
- Sanjay Kumar, Asha Rani, “Common Fixed Point Results using Weakly Compatible Maps along with (CLRg) Property in G-Metric Spaces”, Journal of Analysis & Number Theory, No. 2, 1-8 (2015).
- Grover (2015) “Damping in thin circular viscothermoelastic plate resonators” Canadian Journal of Physics 93 1597-1605. (IF:1.016; SJR:0.25; H-index: 48)
- Gupta, N., Sharma, V. D. “On shock reﬂection-diﬀraction in a van der Waals gas”, Studies in Applied Mathematics, Volume 135, Issue 2, pages 171–195, 2015.
- Malik S., Singh R., Smarandache F. (2015): A Generalized Family Of Estimators For Estimating Population Mean Using Two Auxiliary Attributes. Page no. 9-20, Zip publishing Columbas, Ohio, USA.
- Malik S., Singh R., Smarandache F. (2015): A General Procedure of EstimatingPopulation Mean Using Information on Auxiliary Attribute. Page no. 21-30, Zip publishing Columbas, Ohio, USA.
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2015): Estimation of population mean using information on auxiliary attribute in two-phase sampling. Applied mathematics and computation. 261, 114- 118. (SCI, Impact Factor 3.092). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2015.03.045
- Sanjeykumar and Neeraj kumar (2015): Effect of learning and salvage worth on an inventory model for deteriorating items with inventory dependent demand rate and partial backlogging with capability constraints. Uncertain Supply Chain Management, 4(2): 123-136. (Indexing-Scopus)
- A. Choudhary and S. C. Martha (2014), Propagation of water waves in the presence of thin vertical barrier on the bottom undulation, Mathematics and Computing 2013-Springer, 91, 1-11
- Singh R. and Malik S. and Khoshnevisan M. (2014): An alternative estimator for estimating the finite Population in the presence of measurement errors with the view to financial modelling. Science Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Vol.2 No.6, pp107-111.
- Singh R. and Malik S. (2014): An Improved Estimator of Finite Population Mean Using Auxiliary Attribute(s) in Stratified Random Sampling Under Non-Response. Pak.j.stat.oper.res. Vol.X No.2, pp147-155. (SCOPUS Indexed) (Emerging Sources Citation Index). https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v10i2.543
- Malik S. Singh V.K. and Singh R (2014): An improved estimator for population mean using auxiliary information in stratified random sampling. Statistics in transition new series, winter 2014 Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 59–66. .(SCOPUS Indexed)
- Singh R., Gupta S.B. and Malik S. (2014): An almost unbiased estimator for population mean using known value of population parameter(s). J. Stat. Appl. Pro.3, No. 2, 1-26. (SCOPUS Indexed, UGC Care List)
- D Imtiaz, SB Gupta, JP Singh, VP Shrotriya, S Malik (2014): Assessment of knowledge of hospital staff regarding biomedical waste management in a tertiary care hospital in Uttar Pradesh. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences (SJAMS) 2 (3C), 1070-1074.
- Singh R. and Malik S. (2014): Improved estimation of population variance using information on auxiliary attribute in simple random sampling. Applied mathematics and computation. 235, 43- 49. (SCI, Impact Factor 3.092). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2014.03.002
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2014): A family of estimators for population variance using two auxiliary variables. Elixir Statistics 66, 20278-20286.
- Neeraj Kumar, S.R. Singh (2014), “Effect of Salvage Value on a Two-Warehouse Inventory Model for Deteriorating Items with Stock-Dependent Demand Rate and Partial Backlogging”, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 19(4), 479 – 496. (Indexing-Scopus)
- Neeraj Kumar, S. R. Singh, Rachna Kumari (2013), “Two-warehouse inventory model of deteriorating items with three-component demand rate and time-proportional backlogging rate in fuzzy environment”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, Vol. 4(4), 587 – 598. (Indexing-Scopus) (Web of Science)
- Neeraj Kumar, S.R. Singh & Rachna Kumari (2013), “Learning effect on an inventory model with two-level storage and partial backlogging under inflation”, International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol. 16 (1), 105 – 122. (Indexing-Scopus) (In ABDC Journal list, Rating C)
- Neeraj Kumar, S.R. Singh & Rachna Kumari (2013), “Two-Warehouse Inventory Model with K-Release Rule and Learning Effect” International Journal of Procurement Management, Vol. 6(1), 2013, 76-91. (Indexing-Scopus) (In ABDC Journal list, Rating C)
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2013): Dual to ratio cum product estimators of finite population mean using auxiliary attribute(s) in stratified random sampling. World Applied Sciences Journal 28 (9), 1193-1198 DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2013.28.09.2778. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Malik S., Singh J. and Singh R. (2013): A family of for estimating the population mean in simple random sampling under measurement errors. Journal of Rajasthan Statistical Association, 2(1), 94-101.
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2013): An improved class of exponential ratio type estimator in the presence of measurement errors. Octogon Mathematical Magazine, 21(1), 50-58
- Singh R. and Malik S. (2013): A family of estimators of population mean using information on two auxiliary attributes. World Applied Sciences Journal 23(7), 950-955 DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2013.23.07.3310. (SCOPUS Indexed)
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2013): An improved estimator using two auxiliary attributes. Applied mathematics and computation. 219, 10983- 10986. (SCI, Impact Factor 3.092). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2013.05.014
- Chaudhary M. K., Malik S., Singh J. and Singh R.(2013): A general family of estimators for estimating population mean in systematic sampling using auxiliary information in the presence of missing observations. Journal of Rajasthan Statistical Association, 1-8.
- Malik S. and Singh R. (2013): A family of estimators of population mean using information on point-biserial and phi- correlation coefficient. Int. j. stat. econ., 10(1), 75-89. (Listed in ABDC Journals with Rating C)
- Asha Rani, Sanjay Kumar , “Common Fixed Point Theorems in Generalized Menger Spaces with t-Norm T of Hadžić –Type”, Advances in Fixed Point Theory, 3 (2013), No. 1, 151-163.
- Asha Rani, Sanjay Kumar , “Common Fixed Point Theorem in Menger Spaces using t-Norm T of Hadžić-Type”, Advances in Fixed Point Theory, 3 (2013), No. 1, 126-134.
- D. Grover (2013) “Transverse vibrations in micro-scale viscothermoelastic beam resonators” Archive of Applied Mechanics 83 303-314. .(IF:1.578; SJR:0.64; H-index: 50)
- J. N. Sharma, D. Grover and A. L. Sangal (2013) “Viscothermoelastic Waves- A Statistical Study” Journal of Vibration and Control 19(8), 1216-1226. (IF:2.865; SJR:0.84; H-index: 58)
- K.K.Sharma,Rakesh Dube: Multihoming Mobile Computing Architecture, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology, (IJSRET) Volume 1 Issue 11 pp 001-007, Feb-2013-ISSN: 2278-0882