Welcome to the Faculty of Science & Humanities
Faculty of Science & Humanities, SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat, Haryana aims to emerge as a leading world-class university that creates and disseminates knowledge upholding the highest standards of instructions in Science and Humanities. Along with academic excellence and skills, our curriculum imparts integrity and social sensitivity to mould our graduates who may be best suited to serve the nation and the world.
- To create Research atmosphere of International standard.
- Promote excellence in educational and skill development processes.
- Continue to build productive international alliances.
- Explore optimal development opportunities available to students and faculty.
- Cultivate an exciting and rigorous research environment.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities was established in 2013, providing best quality education and training in the field of Science & Humanities. Our goal is to bring a change the Society by imparting quality education to the students. The Faculty of Science and Humanities consists of twelve departments namely:
- Department of Biotechnology & Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Food Technology
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
The faculty members have done their Doctorate Research from National Institutes of repute like IITs/NITs/Central Universities. Most of Faculty members are NET, GATE and JRF/SRF qualified. Furthermore many of the faculty members also have Post-Doctoral experience from National and International Institutions. Teaching and Research is the forte of our Faculty members and under the guidance of our faculty members, students will be better oriented to understand the recent trends in Academics and Research & Development.
Strong academic system, facilitated by qualified faculty from premier institutions, supported by ICT and state-of-the-art infrastructure, makes the education process an enjoyable journey for students in our University campus.
Strengths – Faculty of Science & Humanities
- Updated Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) curriculum as per the guidelines by the UGC.
- Creative, Innovative and Interactive Teaching Methodology as per Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) guidelines.
- Research Oriented Practical Training.
- Each department has its own Student’s Activity Clubs which provides a platform to enhance the student’s skills, creativity and leadership qualities.
- Regular visits of students to Research & Development Organizations and Industry for experiential learning.
- Mentor – Mentee program to help students in academics and campus life.
- Scholarships for Meritorious Students.
- Sports, Social and Cultural Activities.
- Highly qualified Faculty members with Doctorate degrees from National Institutes of repute like IITs/NITs/Central Universities. Most of Faculty members are NET, GATE and JRF/SRF qualified.
- Most of the faculty members have Post-Doctoral experience from National and International Institution.
- Interdisciplinary approach to research conducted in the Faculty of Science & Humanities.
Career Opportunities, Internships and Placement
The University has a well-equipped and well-staffed Training & Placement and Personality Development Department that helps students with internships and final placements. The T&P and PD team includes Deputy Director-Training & Placement, full-time soft-skills trainers and language trainers.
The T&P and PD ensures that students not only secure good job opportunities, but are also provided with constant interaction with the industry during their program. Its ties with various industries across verticals to help to arrange guest lectures, industry visits, short-term projects, summer internships, industry workshops & trainings and finally placements for our students . Moreover the T&P and PD also organize on-campus, off-campus and pool-campus placement drives for students.
Greetings from the Faculty of Science and Humanities, SRM University Delhi NCR. We are excited that you are visiting our website. The Faculty of Science and Humanities was established in 2013 and is offering courses under various disciplines. We are aware of the demands of this day and age and each and every department under the Faculty of Science and Humanities has equipped itself to respond to the ever evolving requirements.
The Departments under this Faculty has grown steadily over the years offering Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programs. Students from different parts of the country have come together to learn and share knowledge and to refine their skills as future professionals. The faculty members are committed to achieve the highest professional standards in imparting knowledge and conducting research programs. A lot of activities for the development of students and researchers have been carried out in collaboration with leading academicians and premier institutions from around the world providing the students with the perfect environment to thrive as learners and become future leaders in their respective fields.
The Faculty of Science and Humanities been emphasizing on Outcome Based Education (OBE) as recommended by the UGC. In OBE, the real learning outcomes of students are measured in an objective manner, mainly to ensure that our higher education system is more accountable and quality-oriented. SRM-UH effectively implemented OBE throughout our curriculum and believe in continuous improvement of the academic endeavors. Moreover the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) adds a new dimension to academics for the students. The students can take up courses across disciplines and develop on their credits at the same time The CBCS is implemented very rigorously and effectively.
The infrastructure is excellent and equipped with the cutting edge laboratories where students not only learn but also experiment with creativity and become innovators. Interdisciplinary approach in teaching the curriculum and in conducting research is encouraged where collaboration with professionals and experts of various disciplines is endorsed. Strong academic system, facilitated by qualified faculty from premier institutions, supported by ICT and state-of-the-art infrastructure, make the education process an enjoyable journey for students.
We look forward to welcome and encourage students who wish to join the various departments under the Faculty of Science and Humanities and be a part of this rigorous yet exciting academic journey.
I would like to conclude by wishing each one of our students, alumni, and future students the very best in all their endeavors.
Professor (Dr) Rakesh Dube
Dean – Science & Humanities
The courses in Faculty of Science & Humanities will provide students with an opportunity to develop the following Graduate Attribute(s), click here:
- Informed and infused by cutting edge research, scaffolded throughout their program of studies
- Acquired from personal interaction with research active educators, from year first
- Accredited or validated against national or international standards (for relevant programs)
Critical thinking and problem solving
- Steeped in research methods and rigor
- Based on empirical evidence and the scientific approach to knowledge development
- Demonstrated through appropriate and relevant assessment
Teamwork and communication skills
- Developed from, with, and via the SGDE
- Honed through assessment and practice throughout the program of studies
- Encouraged and valued in all aspects of learning
Career and leadership readiness
- Technology savvy
- Professional and, where relevant, fully accredited
- Forward thinking and well informed
- Tested and validated by work based experiences
Intercultural and ethical competency
- Adept at operating in other cultures
- Comfortable with different nationalities and social contexts
- Able to determine and contribute to desirable social outcomes
- Demonstrated by study abroad or with an understanding of indigenous knowledge
Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- A capacity for self-reflection and a willingness to engage in self-appraisal
- Open to objective and constructive feedback from supervisors and peers
- Able to negotiate difficult social situations, defuse conflict and engage positively in purposeful debate