The procedure for admission is given below:
- International students should apply on a separate form prescribed for Foreign nationals/NRI/Sponsored candidates. Available on https://admissions.srmuniversity.ac.in
- The candidate preferably has to apply/register on the prescribed form ONLINE (https://admissions.srmuniversity.ac.in) only. He/she may also apply Offline. For this the candidate may contact the Admission office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The application form registration fee of 3000 INR / 50 US $ is required to be paidthrough a crossed Bank Demand Draft drawn in favor of SRMERI payable again New Delhi. The candidate can also transfer the required amount of fee in the account of SRMUH from any bank or credit card. This should be done well in time, so that the student is able to obtain the VISA and No Objection Certificate before the due date of admission.
Get the Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) from the Directorate of International Affairs, in order to obtain the VISA (on payment of nonrefundable advance amount of 500 USD or the Indian equivalent).
Submit the Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) to the Indian Embassy of the respective country for obtaining the ‘Student/ researcher VISA.
Report at SRMUH for admission on or before the enrolment date (mentioned on the PAL). Submit the below mentioned documents (in original along with the attested photocopies) and get them verified by the Directorate of International Affairs.
- Degree/ Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Mark list of the qualifying examination
- ‘Student/researcher VISA’ in Original
- A photocopy of the Passport- duly attested by a Notary.
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making an endorsement.
Students are required to undergo the medical fitness examination and get the medical fitness certificate. As per government rules all international students entering India on ‘Student VISA’ have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission, if found to be positive. All international students will be required to obtain any recognized medical insurance cover for the first year. For subsequent years medical insurance fee shall apply.
For applicants who have undertaken their studies in a language other than English need to have a valid IELTS/TOEFL Score.
Apart from Annual and other fees of the main program of study at SRMUH, students will also have to pay for this English Language Foundation Course as per the Institute prescribed fee structure of their previous study does not have English as medium of instruction.
Admission of International /NRI students will be confirmed after verification of original certificates, medical fitness test and payment of required fees. Even after the admission, at any stage if it is noted that the qualifying Degree/ Certificate is not recognized by AIU, the admission of the candidate may be cancelled. Withdrawal of admissions/ refund of fees cases will be dealt as per the guidelines of SRMUH in this regard.
Within a week of arrival in India, students are required to register their names with the police in the ‘Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO)’ of Sonepat. Alternatively, one may apply online through e-FRRO portal based out of New Delhi.