Dr. Chander Kanta
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D||American/Jewishliterature||Kurukshetra University, 1986|
|M.A linguistics||Kurukshetra University, 1981|
|M.A English||Kurukshetra University, 1979|
|TDC III (F)||University of Kashmir, 1976-77|
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
American Literature, English Literature,Continental Literature, Jewish & Afro American Literature, Indian Writings in English, Deconstruuction & theories of Criticism, Linguistics & Literature, Socio- linguistics, Psycho- Linguistics, Stylistics, Retric, Logic & Reason in the language, Communication, culture & literature, Aesthetics & theories of art & science communication.
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Kurukshetra, 1986-87
Dyal Singh (P.G) College, Karnal, 1987
- Associate Professor
Dyal Singh (P.G) College, Karnal, 1999 onwards
- Vice- Principal
Dyal Singh (P.G) College, Karnal, 2016 onwards
- Principal Incharge
Dyal Singh (P.G) College, Karnal, 2016-2018
- Member Governing Body
Dyal Singh (P.G) College, Karnal
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
Universities/Institutes/ worked as expert for Ph.D / M.Phil program
- Markandeshwar Univ. Mullana Ambala (Pvt. University)
- Vinayak Mission University, Tamil Nadu (Pvt. University
- Chaudhary Devi Lal Univ., Sirsa Haryana (Govt.)
- Dravidian University, Kuppam- Salem (Pvt. University)
- Singhania University Rajasthan
As member and Subject expert in various Selection Committees
- Dyal Singh College Selection Committee (appointment of Teaching & Non- teaching positions.
- D.A.V. Boys College Karnal
- K.M.V. D.A.V. College for Girls, Karnal
- Dyal Singh Public School, Jernailey Colony, Karnal
- Gita Vidya Niketan, Kurukshetra
As Member of Governing bodies at College/University/School
- Member, Dyal Singh College Governing Body
- Member, Dyal Singh School Governing Body
Orientation & Refresher Courses:
- Orientation Course: 1987-88, ASC. K.U.
Subject Oriented Refresher,
- January 4, 1994 to January 24,1994
- December 9, 2000 to December 29, 2000
- February 25, 2000 to March 16, 2000
Member University Statutory bodies:
- Member, Dyal Singh College Governing body
- Member, Dept. of English (PG), Board of Studies, K.U Kurukshetra
- Honoured by the RPIIT, Education Society & R.P Indraprastha Group for Excellent contribution to Higher Education
- Honoured by the LIC, India for best teacher award on Teacher’s Day, September 5’ 2008
- Honoured by the Haryana Board for contribution to the School Educational activities in Haryana, 1990
- Honoured by the Haryana Board for Contribution to the School Education Activities in Haryana, 1992
- Honoured by the Haryana board for bringing Dyal Singh Institutions to the 4th Rank in Haryana on the basis of Results, 1989
- Honoured by the Haryana Board for getting Dyal Singh institutions to the Ist Rank in Commerce Education on the basis of results in 1989
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- Department of English & Cultural Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh With Indian Association of Common wealth and language Studies (IACLALS) Conference on- Margins, Globalization and the Post- Colonial - February 20 to 22, 2014.
- Dr. Saroop Singh Chair, Kurukshetra University 400TH Anniversary of Publication of Shakespeare Society (1609) National Seminar- 13th February, 2010
- Women & Civil Society Regional Conference of Indian Association of Women’s Studies WSRC, K.U – November, 29-30, 2004
- Rabindra Nath Tagore and the West A UGC Sponsored Seminar by Hindu Girls College Jagadri &The Shakespeare Association, India 17th- 28th November’ 2010
- National Seminar on Writers & Critics: An Interface A UGC Sponsored Seminar D.A.V. College for Girls, Yamuna Nagar February 26th- 28th’ 2009
- Book Published: Title: Protagonists in the Novels of Bernard Malamud: A study in Human Suffering University Book House Jaipur, 2008
- A systematic Analysis of Basic Sentences in the Old man & the Sea. K.U.R.J (Arts & Humanities) Vol. XX-XXI
- Bernard Malamud : A Jewish Voice in the defence of Human K.U.R.J (Arts & Humanities) Vol. XX-XXX
- Strategizing Legal Environmental Communication: A literary appraisal, GLR. No VII 2009-10
- Jo Condrill & Bonnie Bough, Ways to improve your communication skills Instantly, Jario Publishing House GLR. No. 2003-2004
- Roger Cartwright, Communication, Capstone Publishing House, Oxford U.K GLR. No. II 2004-2005
- Business Communication Strategies by Matherkutty M. Monipally, Tata Mc Graw Hill Publications Co. Ltd. 2001 ( New Delhi) GLR. No.III 2005-2006
- Clotaire Rapaille, The Cultural Code, Doubleday Brvadway Publishing Group ( Random House), New York, 2006 GLR. No. IV 2006-2007
- Soul on Ice, Eldridge Clever, Delta Trade Paper backs, by Dell Publishing House, Random Inc 1940, Brwadway, New York GLR. No.V 2007-2008
- Belonging to Universe, Fritjoy Capra, Belonging to the Universe, Penguin Books, U.K 1992, Londo GLR. No.VI 2008-2009
- Keywords/ Nature, Nadia Kazi, Vistaar Publications, 2005,New Delhi GLR. No.VII 2009-2010
Social and Voluntary Action:
- Awarded certificate for the best contribution towards stress release management of jail immates & prisoners in Karnal Jail by the Jail Superintendent, Karnal in 2012.
- Conducted prison Smart course for rehabilitation of prisoners in the Karnal jail from time to time and have got various permissions & recognitions for the purpose.
- Conducted Stress management programme for students & younger generations against drug abuse & alcoholism on behalf of Art of Living.
- Conducted happiness programmes for various students of professional education programmes to direct their energies for enhancing their abilities for building their personal capabilities contributing to nation building.
- Art of Living, Authorized trainer & teacher for the conduct of Yoga, Sudershan Kriya, Happiness programme, Meditation, Social & Natural development programmes as well as youth empowerment programmes & seminars.