Dr. Deepak Mishra
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D.||Design and Synthesis of heterocyclic molecules as potential anti-alzheimeric agents||Delhi Technological University, Delhi/ Jaypee University of information technology, H.P (Jointly), 2018|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry/Organic||D. D . U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, 2008|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry||D. D. U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, 2006|
Neurochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Bio-organic Chemistry, Computer aided Drug Designing, Polymer Chemistry
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
Atomic Structure, Bonding and General Organic Chemistry Analytical Biochemistry, Functional group organic chemistry (oxygen and nitrogen containing compound), Organometallics, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Polynuclear Hydrocarbons and UV, IR Spectroscopy, Pesticides Chemistry, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry II (BSc hons).
Heterocyclic Chemistry, Pericyclic reaction, Reaction Mechanism, Name reaction and rearrangement, Stereochemistry, Group theory, Chemical Kinetics, Solid State
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Chemistry, SGT University, Gurugram, Haryana (From 3 Feb 2020 to 31 May 2020)
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (6 Aug 2019 to 31 Jan 2020)
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, ANDC College, University of Delhi
- (From 1 September to 15 Nov 2019)
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (1 Jan 2019 to 28 April 2019).
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (3 Aug 2018 to 15 Nov 2018).
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (1 Jan 2018 to 26 April 2018).
- Worked as Guest faculty in Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (3 Aug 2017 to 15 Nov 2017).
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
- Qualified CSIR-UGC JRF 2011, 2013
- GATE 2011
- First Prize in Oral Presentation 1st National Conference on “Emerging trends and future challenges in chemical sciences” held on 3-4 February 2016, organized by Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- Deepak Mishra, Ram Singh, Chittaranjan Rout, Atiya Fatima, Nupur S Munjal, Vineet Mehta and Udayabanu Malairaman; Synthesis and evaluation of coumarin-phenylthiazole derivatives as cholinesterase inhibitors, Journal of Chemical biology letters, 6(2), 23-30, 2019.
- Deepak Mishra, C. Rout and R. Singh; A facile amidation of chloroacetyl chlorideusing DBU; International Journal of ChemTech Research, 10(3), 365-372, 2017. [ISSN 0974-4290].
- Deepak Mishra, R. Singh and C. Rout; Synthesis of Highly Functionalized Pyrazoles Using AlCl3 as Catalyst; Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 9(6):16-19, 2017. [ISSN: 0975-7384].
- Deepak Mishra, A. Fatima, C. Rout and R. Singh; An efficient one-pot synthesis of 2- Aminothiazole Derivatives; Der Chemica Sinica, 6(8), 14-18, 2015. [ISSN 0976 – 8505].
Book Chapter: 02
- Ram Singh, Geetanjali and Deepak Mishra; The Effects of Alcoholism on the Brain; Alcoholism: Causes, Symptoms Effects and Treatment edited by B.S. Chhikara, V.K. Shanwal; ISBN: 9789386677488; Manakin Press, India, 2018 pp 35-52. (https://manakinpress.com/bookstore/general/alcoholism/)
- Chapter in e-PG Pathshala Project by UGC under the NMEICT mission, Dynamic Stereochemistry (acyclic and cyclic), Ram Singh, Deepak Mishra.