Dr. M.K. Senthil Babu
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D.||English Language Teaching||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, 2018|
|M.Phil||English Literature||Presidency College, Chennai, 2012|
|M.A||English Literature||Presidency College, Chennai, 2011|
|B.A||English Literature||DRBCCC Hindu College, Chennai, 2009|
- English Language Teaching
- Academic Language Reading
- Health Humanities (Graphic Medicine)
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
COURSES TAUGHT (Outside SRM)
Technical Report Writing
Corporate Communication Skills
Business Environments & Etiquettes
Effective Public Speaking
Reading Skills & Written Communication
Multimedia Lab Sessions (Claritynet for English communication skills) for I yr. B. Tech
Multimedia Lab Sessions (Cambridge English Pronunciation & English Vocabulary) for II yr. B.Tech.
COURSES TAUGHT (in SRM)
Engineering (I B.Tech)
I B.A Eng (H)
Indian English Poetry
Communication Skills I
II B.A Eng. (H)
Multimedia Lab Sessions (iTell for English communication skills) for I yr. B. Tech.
Multimedia Lab Sessions (iTell for English communication skills) for I yr. I BBA.
Doctoral Research Guidance (3 Ongoing)
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
1. Academic Experience
Two years of Teaching Experience
MITS, Andhra Pradesh ( December 2017- Jan 2019).
SRM University Delhi NCR, Haryana ( January 2019- Present)
2. Industrial Experience
Three years of Industrial Experience
Optimus Pvt Ltd, Chennai. ( for Airtel)
Reliance BPO Pvt Ltd, Chennai
TCS Chennai ( for CITI Bank)
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
The Best Paper Award for “The More We Read, The Better is Our Language: A Comparison between Avid Readers and Moderate Readers” presented at Sathyabama University, Chennai on 15-11-2014.
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- “Corollary Effects of Academic Reading: Acquisition of Academic Language and Attainment of Writing Competence.” The Modern Journal of Applied Linguistics, Vol. 9, No. 2, Summer 2017, ISSN No. 0974-8741).
- “The Effect of Affective Factors on Academic Achievement.” Gnosis: An International Journal of English Language and Literature, Vol. 4, No. 1, October 2017, ISSN No. 098216).
- “Developing Academic Language Proficiency through General Reading: A Comparison Between Avid Readers and Moderate Readers.” Gnosis: An International Journal of English Language and Literature, Vol. 4, No. 2, January 2018, ISSN No. 098216).
International Conferences (Abroad):
- “Victorianism, Eating Disorders and Graphic Medicine.” International Conference on (Neo) Victorian Studies: "Frames of Mind.” University of London, UK from 9-10 July 2019.
- “To look right, to fit in”: Teenage Anorexia, The Spiral of Silence, and Graphic Medicine.” Paper presented at the ASA2018: Sociality, Matter, and the Imagination: Re-creating Anthropology Conference, at University of Oxford, England from 18-21 September 2018.
Business English Certificate (BEC Vantage, B2 Level), University of Cambridge, UK (2018).
Language Teaching and Research. Published by Sage (since 2018)
Member, Indian Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (IACLALS).
International Conferences (India):
- “The More We Read, The Better Is Our Language: A Comparison Between Avid Readers and Moderate Readers.” International Conference on Trends and Innovations in Language Teaching (TILT 2014) at Sathyabama University, Chennai on November 14-15, 2014.
- “Motivation–A Determining Ingredient for Enriching the Reading Competence.” International Conference on Enlightening People about the Richness of English Language and Literature conducted by Anna University, Trichy Campus on August 9 & 10, 2014.
- “Acquisition of Language through Subtitled Movies.” 8th International & 44th Annual Conference on 21st Century Learners’–Learning Styles and Strategies at SRM University, Chennai on July 18–20, 2013.
- “The Medium of Instruction and the Acquisition of Language Proficiency.” National Conference on Technological Innovations in Management, Engineering and Science 2019.” SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat, Haryana from 26-27 April 2019.
- “Linguistic Imperialism and Medium of Education in Postcolonial India.” National Conference on Extending Postcolonialism: Living in an Age of ‘Precariousness’ and ‘Precarity’, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore. 4-5 February 2019.
- “Effective Language Acquisition in the Absence of Negative Affective Filters.” National Seminar. VIT, Chennai on April 12, 2014.
- “The Role of Technology in Teaching English for Specific Purpose.” National Seminar conducted by Anna University, Chennai on March 8 & 9, 2014.
- “English Language Proficiency through Reading.” National Conference on Reading Skills and Strategies conducted by The Seshasayee Institute of Technology, Trichy on October 5, 2013.
- Workshop on Business English Certificate Course organized by Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh on August 16, 2018.
- “A Seven-Day Faculty Program on Instructional Design & Delivery System” Program organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh sponsored by TEQIP II from June 25-29, 2018.
- Workshop on “IEEE Xplore Digital Library Awareness” organized by National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli and sponsored by IEEE on November 18, 2016.
- A workshop on “Writing a Research Paper: Theory and Praxis” organized by Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India on May 10, 2014.
- Three days’ symposium on “Glocal Trends and Issues in English Language Teaching: Challenges and Opportunities” organized by Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India from January 24–January 26, 2014.
- “A Ten-Day Research Methodology Course for Ph.D. Scholars.” Workshop organized by Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India from April 22-May 1, 2013.
- A special Lecture organized by the Department of English at SRM University Delhi NCR, Sonepat on September 27th, 2019.
- Press Committee member of 2nd International Conference on “Antimicrobial resistance, Novel Drug Discovery, and Development: Challenges and Opportunities.” SRM University Delhi- NCR, Sonepat, Haryana from 17-19 March 2019.
- Organizing Committee member of National Education Day Program. Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh on November 2018.
- Organizing Committee member of the Induction Program. Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh from 19th June to 7th July 2018.
- Organizing Committee member of Shakespeare’s Day: In Remembrance of William Shakespeare. Madanapalle Institute of Technology& Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh on April 23, 2018.
- Organizing Committee member and Treasurer of the workshop for Technical Educators on Entwining Technology and Teaching: Setting Standards. Madanapalle Institute of Technology& Science, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh and sponsored by TEQIP II conducted from March 23-24, 2018.
Other Department Activities:
- Organizing Committee member of the National conference titled “Frontiers in Applied Sciences & Computer Technology conducted by the Department of Mathematics & Department of Computer Applications National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India from March 18-19, 2016.
- Organizing Committee member of the National Conference titled “Frontiers in Applied Sciences & Computer Technology” conducted by the Department of Mathematics & Department of Computer Applications National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India from March 6-7, 2015.
- Assistant Warden/Residential Student Counselor of Garnet B & C, NIT Hostels (2013-2017).
- Member of the Board of Studies for B.A. English (H) Curriculum & Syllabus Making at SRM University Delhi–NCR, Sonepat, Haryana.
- Assistant Editor of Reflections, the University Magazine, SRM University Delhi–NCR, Sonepat, Haryana.
- Coordinator, Time Table & ERP (Enterprise Resource Planner).