Dr. Naresh Kumar
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D.||Chemistry/Organic||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, 2013|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, 2009|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Botany, Zoology||HPU Shimla/BBN College Chakmoh, 2004|
Fluorescence probes for bioimaging, Supramolecular analytical chemistry, Molecular recognition
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
- Natural product chemistry
- Organic reaction mechanisms
- Organic synthesis
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
- Lecturer in Chemistry, session 2019-20, KMV Jalandhar.
- 1st June, 2020 to present: Assistant Professor, SRM University Sonepat Haryana.
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellowship 2016.
- CSIR-JRF/NET 2009.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2009.
- Medal – First position in M.Sc. Chemistry 2009.
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- N. Kumar, Y. Hori, M. Nishiura and K. Kikuchi, Rapid no-wash labeling of PYP-tag proteins with reactive fluorogenic ligands affords stable fluorescent protein conjugates for long-term cell imaging studies, Chemical Science, 2020, 11, 3694–3701. (IF: 9.55)
- Roopa, N. Kumar, Manoj Kumar and Vandana Bhalla, Design and Application of Small Molecular Probes for Calcium Detection, Chemistry-An Asian Journal, 2019, 14, 4493-4505. (IF: 3.69)
- N. Kumar, Y. Hori, K. Kikuchi, Live-Cell Imaging of DNA Methylation Based onSynthetic-Molecule/Protein Hybrid Probe; The Chemical Record,2018, 18, 1672-1680. (IF: 5.38)
- N. Kumar, Q. Pham-Xuan, A. Depauw, M. Hemadi, N.-T. Ha-Duong, J.-P. Lefevre, M.-H. Ha-Thi* and I. Leray*,New sensitive and selective calixarene-based fluorescent sensors for the detection of Cs+ in an organoaqueous medium;, New J. Chem.,2017, 41, 7162-7170. (IF: 3.069)
- A. Depauw, E. Dossi, N. Kumar, C. Fiorini-Debuisschert, G. Huberfeld, M.-H. Ha-Thi, N. Rouach and I. Leray*, A highly selective potassium sensor for the detection of potassium in living tissues; Chem. Eur. J., 2016, 22, 14902-14911. (5.16)
- N. Kumar, I. Leray* and A. Depauw, Chemically derived optical sensors for the detection of cesium ions; Coord. Chem. Rev., 2016, 310, 1-15. (IF: 13.476)
- Roopa, N. Kumar, V. Bhalla* and M. Kumar*, Developments and sensing applications of fluorescent motifs within mitochondrial environment; Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 15614-15628. (IF: 6.16)
- A. Kamal, N. Kumar, V. Bhalla, M. Kumar and R. K. Mahajan*, Rhodamine-dimethyliminocinnamyl based electrochemical sensors for selective detection of iron (II); Sens. Actuators B, 2014, 190, 127-133. (IF: 6.39)
- N. Kumar, V. Bhalla and M. Kumar*, Recent developments of fluorescent probes for the detection of gasotransmitters (NO, CO and H2S); Coord. Chem. Rev., 2013, 257, 2335-2347. (IF: 13.476)
- V. Bhalla*, N. Sharma, N. Kumar and M. Kumar*, Rhodamine based fluorescence turn-on chemosensor for detection of Fe3+ ions; Sens. Actuators B, 2013, 178, 228-232. (IF: 6.39)
- M. Kumar*, N. Kumar and V. Bhalla, Naphthalimide based chemosensor for Zn2+, pyrophosphate and H2O2: Sequential logic operations at the molecular level; Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 877-879. (IF: 6.16)
- M. Kumar*, N. Kumar, V. Bhalla, P. R. Sharma and T. Kaur, Highly selective fluorescence turn-on chemodosimeter based on rhodamine for nanomolar detection of copper ions; Org. Lett., 2012, 14, 406-409. (IF: 6.55)
Post Doctoral Research(if any)
- 1. Nov., 2016 – Nov., 2018: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Post-doctoralResearcher at Osaka University in the research group of Prof. Kazuya Kikuchi.
- 2. June, 2014 - September, 2016: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at PPSM (CNRS UMR-8531) ENS-Cachan, France in the research group of Dr. Isabelle Leray.
- 3. October 2013 - January 2014: Research Associate at National University of Singapore in the research group of Prof. Y. T. Chang.
Web of Science- 1129citations; 38.9 citations per article; with h-index of 19.
SCOPUS citations- 1163 citations with h-index of 19
Scopus ID: 56582662600 https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=56582662600
Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=tocl8RgAAAAJ&hl=en