Dr. Sanil M.Neelakandan
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|M.Phil||Sociology||J.N.U.New Delhi, 2010|
|MA||Sociology||University of Hyderabad, 2007|
|Ph.D||Sociology||J.N.U.New Delhi, 2015|
Sociology of knowledge, Economic Sociology, Sociology of Law, Sociological Theory, Social Theory.
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
- Indian Sociology
- Sociology of Education
- Science, Technology and Society
- Political Sociology
- Economic Sociology
- Research Methodology
- Sociology of Law
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
- Assistant Professor in Sociology, School of Legal Studies, SRM University, Sonepat, Haryana – from 2016 to Present
- Taught in the School of Liberal Studies and also at School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University Delhi – 2015
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
National Eligibility Test (NET) in Sociology, December 2006
Selected Publications/Working Papers
Socialism: A Reader, Aakar publications, New Delhi,2019.
- ‘Critique of the Un/known: On the mediation of ‘dominant’ analysis’, In, Special Issue on ‘Mythopoesis: Reconstructing Subjugated Knowledges’, Diotima: A Journal of New Readings (2018), pp.49-58, Vol.9, ISSN 2319-4189.
- ‘Complexities of Inclusion and Exclusion: Dalit Students and Higher Education’, Journal of Social Inclusion, Special issue on ‘Social Inclusion in Higher Education’, (2012), (First Author), A Peer Reviewed Journal, pp.87-100, Griffith University, Australia, ISSN;1836-8808.
- ‘Questioning Caste and Gender in Kerala’, (2010), Women’s Link, Social Action Trust, New Delhi, Vol.16, No.3, ISSN:2229-6409.
- ‘Still A Part Apart’(2006) , The Little Magazine, Special Issue on Reservation , New Del-hi,Vol.6,Issue 4 &5 .
- ‘Writing and Reflecting on Dalit literature’ (2005) Insight Journal, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi .
- ‘Issues of Leadership revisited’ (2015) in Women and Political Process ,School of Gender and Development Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, ISBN 978-81-266-6856-
- Profiles and Struggles (2015), in Women and Political Process, School of Gender and Development Studies, New Delhi, ISBN 978-81-266-6856-4.
- Philosophical and Psychoanalytical Perspectives (2011), in, Theories of Women’s and Gender Studies, School of Gender and Development Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, pp.441-65, ISBN:978-81-266-5756-8.
- Review of Gareth Dale’s book (2018) Reconstructing Karl Polanyi: Excavation and Critique in Capital and Class Journal, Sage Publishers.
- Review of T.E. Woronov’s book (2017) Class Work: Vocational Schools and China’s Urban Youthin Capital and ClassJournal, Sage Publishers.
- Review of Gary Browning’s book, (2017) Global Theory from Kant to Hardt and Negri in Counter current.org. Online
- Review of Thaddeus Metz and Joseph B R Gaie’s book (2017) Moral Education in Sub-Saharan Africa:Culture,Economics, Conflict, and AIDS in Counter current.org. Online.
- Review of RomandColes’s book (2016), Visionary Pragmatism, Capital and Class Journal, Sage Publishers, pp.566-68,ISSN:0309-8168.
- Review of Jodi Dean’s book (2012) Democracy and other Neoliberal fantasies: Communicative capitalism and Left politics’, Capital & Class Journal, pp.571-73, Sage Publishers, ISSN:0309-8168.
- ‘On Civil Society’ (2005) Social Change and Development Journal, Omeo Kumar Das Institute of Social Change and Development Journal