Dr. Sandeep Sharma
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D.||Nano Chemistry||University of Delhi, 2018|
|M.Sc||Physical Chemistry||University of Delhi, 2009|
|B.Sc||Chemistry||University of Delhi, 2007|
Synthesis of metal and metal oxide nanoparticles for catalytic and biomedical applications. Catalytic applications of nanoparticles include degradation of pesticides and various organic pollutants which are present in industrial waste effluents. Biomedical applications of nanoparticles include engineering the surface of nanoparticles via conjugation with drugs or receptors or antagonists to deliver them to target sites. Encapsulation of model drugs or model dyes is also a key area for the research for optimising the sustained release of drugs and dyes.
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
- Physical Sectroscopy
- Quantum Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical and ionic equilibrium
- Environmental Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
- Taught as an Assistant Professor for B.Sc. students (31 july 2017 - 14th April 2018) in Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi.
- Taught as an Assistant Professor for B.Sc. students (31 july 2017 - 14th April 2018) in Swami Shraddanand College, University of Delhi.
- Taught as an Assistant Professor for B.Sc. & M.Sc. students (04th Sept 2017- 31st jan 2019) in SRM University.
- Had been mentor to 12 M.Sc (Chemistry) students of Amity University, Noida in completing their internship project of their final semester.
- Had trained B.Sc (Chem Hons) Students in their UGC Summer innovation projects.
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
- Qualified MPPSC Scientific Officer (Forensic Sciences) written exam in Feb 2014.
- Qualified IISc Ph.D Entrance Test for 2013 Admission.
- Qualified CSIR-UGC JRF(Rank 449) Exam in Dec-2010.
- Qualified TIFR-NCBS written Exam in Dec 2010.
- Qualified BARC written Exam in 2009.
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (LS) in Dec.2008.
- Qualified DU-M.Sc.Entrance Test (Rank 7) in 2007.
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- Multifunctional mesoporous Curcumin Encapsulated Iron-Phenanthroline Nanocluster: A New Anti-HIV agent. Anu Sharma, Anita Yadav, Nikesh Gupta, Sandeep Sharma, Rita Kakkar, Katherine Cwiklinski, Elizabeth Quaye, Supriya D Mahajan, Stanley A Schwartz, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Journal of Colloidal Interface (2019)
- Magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles encapsulating horseradish peroxidise (HRP): synthesis, characterization and carrier for the generation of free radicals for potential applications in cancer therapy., Nikesh Gupta, Chetna Gupta, Sandeep Sharma, Brijesh Rathi, Rakesh Kumar Sharma and H. B. Bohidar. RSC Advances (2016)
- The Kinetic Study of Hydrolysis of Chlorpyrifos Using Gallic Acid Coated Silver nanoparticles., Sandeep Sharma, Nitish Panchal, Surinder Kumar Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma and Phool Kumar Patanjali. Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine (2016)
- Comparative study of antibacterial activity of standard antibiotic with silver nanoparticles synthesized using ocimum tenuiflorum and garcinia mangostana leaves., Nikesh Gupta, Chetna Gupta, Sandeep Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, H.B. Bohidar Chemical Biology Letters (2015)
- Biogenic synthesis of metal nanocatalysts using Mimosa pudica leaves for efficient reduction of aromatic nitrocompounds Henam Premananda Singh, Sandeep Sharma, Surinder Kumar Sharma and Rakesh Kumar Sharma RSC Advances (2014)
I have attended five international and national conferences/seminar in India.