Ragging Free Campus
SRM Ensures "Ragging-Free" Campus with the fullest co-operation of Students and Staff.
What Constitutes Ragging
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, torment, or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts, or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm, or any other danger to health or person
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, or public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or show off power, authority, or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student
Actions suggested by AICTE against students indulging and abetting in Ragging
- The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against the recurrence of such incidents. The students who are indulged in ragging should be debarred from being admitted to any technical institution in India.
- In Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offense as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination
of the following.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine of INR 25,000.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging that occurred on their premises along with actions taken to the Council immediately after the occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
- Courts should make an effort to ensure that cases involving ragging are taken up on a priority basis to send the correct message that ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be dealt with sternness.
Do not be a victim or witness, Have the pride & part of the No-Ragging campus!!
Say No to Ragging!!
Anti Ragging Committee-
Click here for Anti Ragging Guidelines
Prof. Rakesh Dube
Dean (Science & Humanities) - Chairman
Dr. Kavita Dahiya
Assoc. Prof. ( Management) - Member
Dr. Arpana Vibhuti
Assoc. Prof. ( Biotechnology) – Member
Dr. Pawam Kr.Singh
Assoc. Prof. ( ECE) - Member Secretary
Dr. Neeraj Dahiya
Asst. Prof. (CSE) - Member
Mr. Nitin Dahiya
Asst. Prof. (Civil) - Member
Dr. Deepika Yadav
Asst. Prof. (EEE) - Member
Dr. Ashok Kumar Mishra
Asst. Prof. (ME) - Member
Dr. Neelu Chaudhary
Asst. Prof. (Mathematics) - Member
Dr. Debosmita Biswas
Asst. Prof. ( English) - Member
Dr. Upendra Singh
Warden (Boys Hostel) - Member
Mr. Sanjay Antil
Parent Representative - Member
Mr. Vivek Ranjan Chaudhary
Parent Representative - Member
Student Representative - Member
Nominated Administrative Member, Sonipat
Haryana Government Representative - Member
S.H.O Rai , Sonepat
Local Police Representative - Member
Mr. V. P. Sharma
Road & Safety Representative - Member
Mr. Sanjeev Dixit
Media Representative - Member
Mr. Virender Duhan (Advocate)
Abhiyan Foundation Trust ,NGO Representative Sonepat - Member
|1||Prof. Rakesh Dube||Dean (Science & Humanities) - Chairman|
|2||Dr. Kavita Dahiya||Assoc. Prof. ( Management) - Member|
|3||Dr. Arpana Vibhuti||Assoc. Prof. ( Biotechnology) – Member|
|4||Dr. Pawam Kr.Singh||Assoc. Prof. ( ECE) - Member Secretary|
|5||Dr. Neeraj Dahiya||Asst. Prof. (CSE) - Member|
|6||Mr. Nitin Dahiya||Asst. Prof. (Civil) - Member|
|7||Dr. Deepika Yadav||Asst. Prof. (EEE) - Member|
|8||Dr. Ashok Kumar Mishra||Asst. Prof. (ME) - Member|
|9||Dr. Neelu Chaudhary||Asst. Prof. (Mathematics) - Member|
|10||Dr. Debosmita Biswas||Asst. Prof. ( English) - Member|
|11||Dr. Upendra Singh||Warden (Boys Hostel) - Member|
|12||Mr. Sanjay Antil||Parent Representative - Member|
|13||Mr. Vivek Ranjan Chaudhary||Parent Representative - Member|
|14||Ms.Kusum Dalal||Student Representative - Member|
|15||Nominated Administrative Member, Sonipat||Haryana Government Representative - Member|
|16||S.H.O Rai , Sonepat||Local Police Representative - Member|
|17||Mr. V. P. Sharma||Road & Safety Representative - Member|
|18||Mr. Sanjeev Dixit||Media Representative - Member|
|19||Mr. Virender Duhan (Advocate)||Abhiyan Foundation Trust ,NGO Representative Sonepat - Member|