Dr. Prashant Kumar
|Degree||Specialization||University/Institute Name, Year|
|Ph.D.||Organic Chemistry||University of Delhi, 2018|
|M.Sc||Chemistry (Organic Chemistry Specialization)||University of Delhi, 2013|
|B.Sc||Chemistry Honors||University of Delhi, 2011|
- Metal catalyzed as well metal free C-H activation/functionalization.
- Design and synthesis of a wide range of N & O containing bioactive heterocyclic compounds.
- Microwave-assisted synthesis.
- Metal catalyzed reactions for synthesis of biological active compounds.
- Multi-step synthesis.
Current Courses Taught / Teaching Interest
- General Organic Chemistry
- Organic Reaction Mechanism
- Chemistry of Alkyl/Aryl Halides, Alcohols, Phenols, Carbonyl Compounds, Carboxylic Acids, etc.
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Group Theory
- Chemistry for Engineering
Academic Experience / Industrial Experience
August 2016 to November 2016 (Guest Faculty): Acharya NarendraDev College, University of Delhi,
January 2017 to April 2017 (Guest Faculty): Acharya NarendraDev College, University of Delhi
September 2017 to November 2017 (Guest Faculty): Acharya NarendraDev College, University of Delhi
January 2018 to April 2018 (Guest Faculty): Acharya NarendraDev College, University of Delhi
March 2018 to May 2018 (Visiting Faculty) : SGT University, Gurgaon (Haryana)
Achievements / Awards / Recognitions
- Qualified the joint CSIR-UGC NET test and secured 44 rank in the subject Chemical Science under Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) in 2012.
- Qualified the GATE examination in 2014 with all India rank 958.
- Awarded Junior Research fellowship (UGC-JRF) with all India rank 54 in the subject Chemical Science in 2014.
- Awarded Senior Research fellowship (SRF) in 2016.
Selected Publications/Working Papers
- Prashant Kumar, Ram Sunil Kumar Lalji, Mohit Gupta, Virinder S. Parmar, Brajendra K. Singh “Palladium-CatalyzedDecarboxylative Synthesis of 5H-Benzo[4,5][1,3]oxazino[2,3-a]isoindole-5,11(6aH)-diones using 2-Phenyl-4H-benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-4-ones and a-Oxo Carboxylic Acids” Adv. Synth. Catal. 2020,DOI: 10.1002/adsc.201901142 (Impact Factor:5.451)
- Mohit Gupta, Sandeep Kumar, Prashant Kumar, Amit Kumar Singh, Vijay Bahadur, and Brajendra K. Singh “N-Directed Pd-Catalyzed Direct Ortho-Acetoxylation and Orthotert- butoxylation of 2-Phenyl-4H-Benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-4-ones via C-H Activation” ChemistrySelect, 2019, 4, 13992-13997. (Impact Factor:1.716)
- Prashant Kumar, Mohit Gupta, Vijay Bahadur, Virinder S. Parmar and Brajendra K. Singh “Radical Induced, Pd-Catalyzed C-H Activation: A New Approach to Functionalize 4H-benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-4-one Derivatives with Toluenes, Aldehydes and Benzyl Alcohols.” Eur. J. Org. Chem.2018,1552-1558. (Impact Factor: 3.029, Citation= 1)
- Mohit Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Vijay Bahadur, Krishan Kumar and Brajendra K. Singh “Metal Free, “Regioselective, Dehydrogentative Cross Coupling Between Formamides/Aldehydes and Coumarine via C-H Functionalization.” Eur. J. Org. Chem.2018, 896-900. (Impact Factor: 3.029, Citation= 2)
- Amit K Singh, VinothRajendran, Snigdha Singh, Prashant Kumar, Yogesh Kumar, Archana Singh, Whelton Miller, Vladimir Potemkin, Poonam, Maria Grishina, Nikesh Gupta, PrakashaKempaiah, Ravi Durvasula, Brajendra K Singh, Ben M Dunn and BrijeshRathi “Antiparasitic activity of hydroxyethylamineanalogs: Synthesis, biological activity and structure activity relationship of plasmepsin inhibitors.” Bioorg. Med. Chem.2018, 26, 3837-3844. (Impact Factor: 2.850, Citation= 6)
- Prashant Kumar, Angela O. Achieng, VinothRajendran, Prahlad C. Ghosh, Brajendra K. Singh,ManmeetRawat, Douglas J. Perkins, PrakashaKempaiah, BrijeshRathi “Synergistic Blending of High-valued Heterocycles Inhibits Growth of Plasmodium Falciparum in Culture and P. Berghei Infection in Mouse Model.” Scientific Reports, 2017, DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-06097-z. (Impact Factor: 4.525, Citation= 3).
- Prashant Kumar, AkankshaMatta, Snigdha Singh, Johan Van der Eycken, Christophe Len, Virinder S. Parmar, Erik V. Van der Eycken and Brajendra K. Singh “A Facile, Catalyst-free, Microwave-assisted Synthesis of 2-Aryl/Alkyl-3-(1H-benzo[d]imidazol-2-yl)-2,3-dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-ones.” Synth. Commun. 2017,47,756-763. (Impact Factor: 1.377, Citation= 4)
- Hemandra Kumar Tiwari, Prashant Kumar, NidhiJatana, Sandeep Garg, N. Latha, Puran Singh Sijwali, Kailash C. Pandey, Nickolay Yu. Gorobets, Ben M. Dunn and Brajendra Kumar Singh “In Vitro Anti-malarial Evaluation of Piperidine and Piperazine Based Chalcones: Inhibition of Falcipain-2 and Plasmepsin II Hemoglobinases Activities from Plasmodium Falciparum.” ChemistrySelect2017, 2, 7684-7690. (Impact Factor: 1.716, Citation= 2)
- Prashant Kumar,Anil K. Singh,Vijay Bahadur,Christophe Len, Nigel G. J. Richards,Virinder S. Parmar,Erik V. Van der Eycken,and Brajendra K. Singh “Microwave-Assisted, Metal-Free, Base-Mediated C−N Bond Formation/Cleavage: Synthesis of Benzimidazo[1,2?a]quinazoline Derivatives.” ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2016, 4, 2206-2210. (Impact Factor: 6.97, Citation= 9)
I have attended 16 conferences and presented 11 papers in the form of oral presentations and poster presentations. I have delivered an on the topic “Microwave-Assisted, Catalyst-Free Synthesis of Benzimidazo[1,2-a]quinazolines and 2-Aryl/Alkyl-3-(1H-benzo[d]imidazol-2-yl)-2,3-dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-ones” at the SYNDELGE Scientific Workshop organized jointly by Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi and Department of Chemistry Ghent University held on July 8th, 2016 in Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium